One day, I received an email from one of my customer. Customer was asking “I have been trying to stop the Task Scheduler from running in Vista. It seems that all of the buttons to disable this feature are grayed out. Please check below said screen-shot to understand the issue better. I was able to stop the service from running in Windows XP but I can’t seem to stop it in Windows Vista. Can you help?”
The answer is Yes, but you need to disable this feature within the Windows registry if below said method fails:)
How to stop Task Scheduler in Windows 7/Vista:
You may easily disable Task Scheduler from Services Window.
1. Go To Start, under search type services.msc
2. Open the Services window.
3. Now Look for Task Scheduler from the list.
4. Please double click on it, it will open Task Scheduler properties.
5. Make sure the Startup type is set to Disabled. Also Stop the service by clicking Stop button.
6. Once you do it, the Task Scheduler will be disabled.
7. If you wish to enable Task Scheduler, then you need to set Startup type is set to Enabled. Also Start the service by clicking Start button. 🙂
If you do not have the option to disable/stop the Task Scheduler, then please try below said registry steps to disable Task Scheduler in Windows 7 or Windows VISTA. Always take backup of Registry before you change the settings.
Disable Task Scheduler by Editing Registry:
1. Open Registry Editor, Click Start->type in Regedit, then Regedit.exe will be shown under Programs
2. Once Registry Window is open, on the right pane of the window, click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Now click on SYSTEM
4. Now click on CurrentControlSet
5. Click on Services
6. Click on Schedule, then on right pane of registry editor, double click on “Start” entry
7. Change the “Start” entry value from “2” to “4“. Now click “OK” button.
8. Restart the Computer for the changes to take affect.
I hope the steps provided in the article is helpful. Please like our facebook page or Google+ fan link to subscribe to our articles. You may also leave comments here. Happy reading 🙂
You May Also Like: