One year ago, I was using a BSNL ADSL Wireless Modem for my Broadband internet connection. The Model number of the Modem is: BSNL Ar800v V3.0 from Fujian Starnet communication Pvt ltd. This modem is shipped with four LAN ports and Wireless functionality. Though this modem is an entry level ADSL modem, I never had any kind of trouble using this device.
Configuring BSNL modem is easy and straight forward. Today, I will explain how to configure your BSNL Internet on Ar800v V3.0 modem. Later in this article, I will also share how to configure Wireless (Wi-Fi or WLAN) on this modem.
How to setup Internet on Ar800V V3.0 modem:
To configure the modem for the first time, you need to connect the modem to a computer. You will find four LAN ports (Network ports) at the back of your BSNL ADSL modem. Connect a Network cable (LAN cable) to any of these four ports and connect the other end to the network port of your desktop or laptop computer.
Once you have connected a network cable from BSNL Modem LAN port (you can use any of four LAN ports on modem) to your laptop or desktop; we can launch a web browser to configure Internet.
1. Open Internet Explorer browser on your Laptop or Desktop computer.
2. Type: (or just 192.168.1.1) at the address bar of Internet Explorer.
3. Now the screen will look like the one provided below.
4. Enter the User name and Password,by default user name is admin and password is admin
5. Once you login, you will be at the Overview page as shown below.
6. At the same page, under Configuration, click on Internet Connection.
7. Next to PVC Name: pppoe_0_35 and Protocol: PPPoE LlcBridged, you will find an Edit button.
8. Click on the Edit button (Please check below provided screenshot).
9. Once you click on Edit, it will open “Configure ATM PVC” page.
10. At the “Configure ARM PVC” page, check the values are as shown below:
11. Once you are done, Click Next button.
12. Select LLC/SNAP for Encapsulation type. Click Next.
13. At Configure WAN IP Settings window, select settings as shown below:
14. Once you done, click Next button.
15. Now you will be at Configure Broadband User Name and Password page as shown below.
16. Now enter the values provided by BSNL Internet Service Provider.
17. Once you are done, click Next button.
18. Now you will be at the Summary page as shown below.
19. Click Apply button.
20. Allows 1-5 minutes for the changes to take effect.
21. Congrats, you have successfully configured Internet on your Modem.
How to setup Wireless Internet on Ar800V V3.0 modem:
Before you configure wireless internet on Ar800V V3.0 modem, you need to complete above said steps. Once you have completed above said steps, then you can proceed to configure Wireless (WLAN or Wi-Fi) on this modem.
1. At the main page of modem, under Configuration, click on Wireless Network.
2. Make the changes as explained below Or table provided below(Check below two images):
3. Here is the settings that you need to make for the Wireless Internet to work.
4. Once you made the changes, click Confirm button.
5. Allows 1-5 minutes for the changes to take effect.
6. Congrats, you have successfully configured Wireless on your BSNL AR800V v3.0 modem.
You can Turn On Wireless on your Laptop or Cell Phone now. You will find a new Wireless Network (The name you entered for Network Name) is available. When asked for the Wireless Password, you need to enter the WPA Pass Share key you entered. WPA Pass Share is the Wireless Password.
As I do not use BSNL Internet now, I really do not have knowledge on troubleshooting the issues related to BSNL modem. If you have any issues, please contact BSNL Toll Free Number at: 1800 424 1600 as they will be in better position to assist you.
You May Also Like: