Configuring BSNL Nokia Siemens SL2_141/SL2-141 Broadband Modem is pretty easy, if you have not yet configured the modem to enable Internet through LAN/WLAN (Wi-Fi), then follow the steps mentioned in our two previous articles.
How to secure Wireless LAN on your BSNL Siemens SL2_141 Modem
We have already configured Wireless on your Modem. So you do not need to change any settings for the Wireless (Wi-Fi) to work. But you might have noticed that the WLAN we configured is unsecured. It means the WLAN you configured is not encrypted Or not password protected. In this Post, we will show you how to password protect Wireless LAN!.
1. Open Internet Explorer, type (Or type 192.168.1.1) and press the Enter key on the keyboard. Now a popup screen asks you to enter User name and password to configure your Siemens SL2_141 broadband modem as we shown below.
2. Enter below said user name and password (Use the default factory user name and password) and click OK.
User name: admin
3. Once you login, we will enter modem configuration page as shown below.
4. Click on Wireless at the left pane of the window.
5. Click on Basic at the left pane of the window. Now you are at Wireless – Basic Page as shown below.
6. Ensure that Enable Wireless check box is checked (tick mark should be there). (Note: In future, if you wish to disable Wireless, you can uncheck this box).
7. Enter a name for Wireless LAN in SSID box, you can enter whatever you like, (E.g: SiRu Wireless).
8. Select Country as UNITED STATES. Click Save/Apply button.
9. Once you are done, click on Security at the left pane of the Window. It will open Wireless – Security page. 10. Change the settings as shown below, also refer below said screenshot for more information.
Select SSID: The name of your Wireless LAN (SSID). (E.g: SiRu Wireless)
Network Authentication: WPA-PSK
WPA Pre-Shared key: abcdefghijk (You can use any password that you like)
WPA Encryption: TKIP
WEP Encryption: Enabled
Encryption Strength: 64 bit
Current Network Key: 2
Network Key 2: siraj (enter any 5 character word that you like)
11. Click on Save/Apply button.
12.The modem will reboot now. If you are currently connected to the Wireless LAN, then you need to manually disconnect it and reconnect to the new Wireless LAN.
The WPA Pre-Shared key I have used in this tutorial is abcdedfghijk. You need to understand that you can use any password (WPA Pre-Shared key ) that you like. Please ensure that you remember the password as you will be prompted to enter the password when you connect to the Wireless LAN. This password and encryption will secure your Wireless LAN and no one will be able to access Wireless Internet without knowing your Internet Password.
How to connect to Secure Wi-Fi (WLAN) from your computer?
Most of the Notebooks and Desktops are shipped with Wireless capabilities. A wireless card installed on your computer enable you to access Internet without hooking a cable to a Modem or to a Router. Now let us check how do we connect to a Secured Wi-Fi (WLAN) from a computer.
1. Turn ON WLAN on your Notebook/Desktop. In most of the computers, it is a switch or button you can press to enable WLAN.
2. Now Search for the Wireless Network. Below said screenshot is taken from my Vista based Notebook.
3. Select the Security Enabled network name (E.g.: SiRu Wireless) and click on Connect button.
4. As the network we setup is a Secured network, below said message will appear.
5. Enter the Password (E.g.: abcdefghijk) (Note: I hope you remember the password)
6. Click on Connect button
6. Yes, now it is connected. Click on Close button.
7. Congratulations. You are successfully connected to the Secured Wireless Internet.
You May Also Like: