HP recently updated the Service Pack for ProLiant server and the latest version available as of today is 2012.02.0 Release. This version of HP Service pack comes with additional features. Lets have a look at what HP is offering in this new package. Remember, I am wrote this article on Mar 30, 2012.
Hey, wait!, are you wondering what is HP Service Pack or hearing this name for the first time? Then you need to read my original article regarding HP Service Pack. I have explained about HP Service Pack in below said guide.
HP Service Pack is an ISO file which contains all the Firmware update and Driver update files of your Server. Earlier, HP used to release separate Firmware DVD for firmware updates and Proliant Support Pack for drivers. Now HP has combined both Firmware update files and Driver update files to a single package and called it as HP Service Pack.
The latest version of HP Service pack is 2012.02.0. This version of Service Pack will support the new HP ProLiant Gen 8 servers but Proliant 100 series server support is limited to ML110 G7 and DL120 G7. This version of HP Service pack uses HP Smart Update Manager 5.0.1 and the interface looks much different now.
How to download HP Service pack 2012.02.0 from HP.com?
HP Service pack is 2012.02.0 is available for download. Unlike other driver downloads, HP Service Packs are not listed under each sever driver download page. Instead, we have a separate link for Service Pack.
1. Click here to open the HP Service Pack link (shown below).
2. At the homepage, click on Download button.3. At the HP Service Pack Download page, click “Current Version SPP Version 2012.02.0” 4. Now select the bootable file “Complete ISO Image file” by clicking Download button.5. Now you will be at below provided screen.
6. Click on “Receive for Free” button as shown below.7. Now you will be at the HP Passport Sign-in page (shown below).
8. Login to the HP website if you already own User ID and Password (if not, create a new one from same page!)9. Once you logged-in, enter your details and Accept the Warranty and License terms as shown below.
10. Then click the Next button.11. Now you will be at Order Confirmation webpage as shown below.12. Click on “Get Software” link as shown above.
13. Now you will be at “Get Software” page as shown below.14. Click on “Download Directly” button and it will download the HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2012.02.0.15. Save the file on your Computer/Server. This is a .Zip file, you need to extract this file to get the .ISO file.
16. Now burn this ISO file to a DVD and use it to upgrade Server Firmware or Update Server Drivers.
17. Enjoy! You are ready to Rock!
If you would like to know more about HP Service pack, you may refer the HP Service Pack release notes here. Also if you would like know whether your older HP Server is supported by latest HP Service pack, you may refer the HP Service pack Support Guide here.
More information about HP Service pack, HP SUM and its features are availalable at HP.com, please refer this link to find more detailed documentation. If you find my website useful, please like it in Facebook or subscribe to email newsletter.
You May Also Like: