Configuring BSNL Nokia Siemens SL2_141/SL2-141 Broadband Modem is easy, if you have not yet configured the modem to enable Internet through LAN or WLAN (Wi-Fi), then please follow steps mentioned in our below said post.
How do I change Wireless LAN name (SSID):
If you have followed above said guide, then you have already configured Wireless on your Modem. So you do not need to change any settings for the Wireless (Wi-Fi) to work. But in later stage, if you wish to change the name of the Wireless OR disable Wireless etc., you can do it by following below said steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer, type and press the Enter key on the keyboard. Now a popup screen asks you to enter User name and password to configure your Siemens SL2_141 broadband modem as we shown below.
2. Enter below said user name and password (Use the default factory user name and password) and click OK.
User name: admin
3. Once you login, we will bet at the Modem configuration homepage as shown below.
4. Click on Wireless at the top, then click on Basic at the left pane of the window.
5. Now you are at Wireless – Basic Page as shown below.
6. Ensure that Enable Wireless check box is checked (tick mark should be there). If you wish to disable Wireless, you can uncheck this box.
7. Enter a name for Wireless LAN in SSID box, you can enter whatever you like, (E.g: SiRu Wireless)
8. Select Country as UNITED STATES. Click Save/Apply button.
9. Once you are done, click on Security at the left pane of the Window. It will open Wireless – Security page.
10. Change the settings as shown below:
Select SSID: The name of your Wireless LAN (SSID). (E.g: SiRu Wireless)
Network Authentication: Open
WEP Encryption: Disabled
11. Click on Save/Apply button
You might have noticed that we have set Network Authentication=Open and WEP Encryption=Disabled. It means the WLAN we configured is not secured Or password protected. So anyone can access internet through your modem as there is no security or encryption in place. BSNL Siemens SL2_141 modem supports encryption and you can enable it to secure the WLAN from unauthorized access.
How to connect to the Wi-Fi (WLAN) from my computer?
Most of the modern Notebooks and Desktops are shipped with Wireless capabilities. A wireless card installed on your computer enables you to access Internet without hooking a cable to the Modem or to a Router. Now let us check how do we connect to a Wi-Fi (WLAN) from a Wi-Fi enabled computer.
1. Turn ON WLAN on your Notebook/Desktop. In most of the computers, it is a switch or button you can press to enable WLAN.
2. Now Search for the Wireless Network. (Below said screenshot is taken from my Vista based Notebook.)
3. Select the Wireless Network Name (E.g.: SiRu Wireless) and click on Connect button.
4. As the network we setup is a Unsecured network, below said message will appear.
5. Click on Connect Anyway (This message appears because the WLAN is not secured/encrypted).
6. Yes, now it is connected. Click on Close button.
7. Congratulations. You are successfully connected to Wireless Internet.
You May Also Like: