LO100 or HP Lights-Out 100 is the management processor available on HP 100 Series ProLiant Server. LO100 is not as powerful as iLO4 which is available with HP Proliant Gen8 servers. However, LO100 is capable of managing your server remotely and supports SSL, IPMI, SSH etc..
If you wish to configure LO100 on your 100 series HP Server, the easiest method is to use your Server BIOS and configure LO100 from there. In the past, I wrote an article regarding LO100 configuration. If you wish to have a check, you may click below provided link:
Alternate method which can be used to configure LO100 on your 100 series server is by using Easy Setup CD. Easy Setup CD contains the LO100CFG utility. This utility allow users to configure HP Lights-Out 100 on their servers. Easy Setup CD is available for most of the 100 series G6 and G7 servers. So make sure that you have downloaded the Easy setup CD from HP.com before you proceed. If your server does not have a easy setup CD, then you need to configure LO100 from the BIOS of your server.
Configure HP Lights-Out 100 using Easy Setup CD:
I hope you have downloaded the Easy Setup CD ISO file and burned it to a CD. Once you are ready, here is the procedure you need to follow to setup Lights-Out 100 on your 100 Series HP Server using Easy Setup CD.
1. Turn On Server.
2. Boot Server from the HP Proliant Easy Setup CD.
3. Press Enter key to boot from Easy Setup CD (Check screenshot).
4. Select Language and Keyboard layout. Click Next
5. HP End User License Agreement will be shown. Click Agree button.
6. Now you are at the Home screen of Easy Setup CD.
7. Click on Maintenance button.
8. Click on HP Lights-out 100 Configuration.
9. Now you have opened Lights-out 100 configuration utility.
10. To configure LO100, click on Edit Settings button.
11. Change the Network Type to Dedicated NIC or Shared NIC port.
12. Change Network Mode from DHCP to Static.
13. Now the enter the new IP address and subnet mask which you want to assign for LO100.
14. Click Save to save the changes you made.
15. Click on Home button to come back to the Easy Setup CD Home Screen.
16. Click on Reboot button to restart your server.
17. Congrats, LO100 is configured.
To access LO100, open a web-browser on your laptop and enter the LO100 IP address in address bar. Make sure you your laptop and the LO100 IP address are in the same network range. It should open the HP Lights-Out 100 login screen. The default user name of HP Lights-Out 100 is admin and the password is admin
18. Once you login, you should see the HP Lights-Out 100 screen.
The method outlined in this article will not work on all 100 series server because Easy setup CD is not available for older generation of 100 series server. If you are using older generation of servers, then you need to use server BIOS to configure LO100 on your server.
You May Also Like: