In this Post I will share how to configure BSNL Nokia Siemens SL2_141/SL2-141 Broadband Modem to enable Internet through both LAN/Ethernet Or by WLAN/Wi-Fi. Siemens SL2_141 is a Type B ADSL Modem from BSNL which features 4 Ethernet ports and Wireless LAN connectivity. Before we configure Internet for the first time, we need to ensure that we have physically connected the Modem properly to both Phone line and Computer.
How to connect Modem to the PC:
Before we proceed, first we need to ensure that we are connecting the Modem to the Phone line and computer.
1. Turn ON the Modem. You can find the Power button is at the rear of the Modem. Once the Modem is Turned ON, the Power Button LED at the front will glow.
2. Connect the Phone Line cable to the LINE port at the rear of the Modem.
3. Connect Modem to the Computer. Connect a LAN cable (Network cable/RJ45) from Modem to the LAN port (Network Port) of your computer.
4. Once all connection is proper, we can proceed to next step.
Configure Modem to enable Internet through LAN and Wi-Fi (WLAN):
1. Open Internet Explorer, type (Or type 192.168.1.1) and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
2. Now a popup screen asks you to enter ID and password to configure your Siemens SL2_141 broadband modem as we shown below.
3. Enter below said User name and Password. (Use the default factory user name and password) and click OK.
User name: admin
4. Once you login, we will be at the Device Info page as shown below.
5. Click on WAN at the left pane of the window. It will open Wide Area Network (WAN) Setup page.
6. Click on Edit button as shown below. (Note: Service Name will be pppoe_0_35_1)
7. Now you will reach at the ATM PVC Configuration page as shown below.
8. Set VPI and VCI code values. VPI = 0 and VCI = 35. Then click on Next button.9. Now you will be at Connection Type page as shown below.
10. Select PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE), also select Encapsulation Mode = LLC/SNAP- BRIDGING as shown below. Then click on Next button.
11. Now you are at PPP Username and password page as shown below. Set below said settings in this page.
PPP Username: Username provided by BSNL.
PPP Password: password provided by BSNL (default password is password)
PPPoE Service Name: dataone
Authentication Mode: AUTO
12. Then click on Next button.
13. Now you are at Enable IGMP Multicast, and WAN Service page as shown below.
14. Ensure that you selected Enable WAN Service (It should be checked)
15. The Service name should be: pppoe_0_35_1. Then click on Next button.
16. Now you are at WAN Setup – Summary page as shown below.
17. Verify the information shown in this page, then Click on “Save” button to save these settings.
18. Once you click on Save button, Modem will reboot. NOTE: reboot is required for the changes to take affect.
19. Close the browser window. It may take1-2 minutes for Modem to reboot!
20. Congratulation!. You have successfully configured Internet on BSNL Nokia Siemens SL2_141/SL2-141 Broadband Modem . Both WLAN and Wired (LAN/Ethernet) will work now!
Do you want to know how to configure Internet in BSNL UTStar WA3002G4 ADSL Broadband Modem? Then you can check our step by step guide on configuring Internet here. If you wish to secure the WLAN, then please read this document.
You May Also Like: