The HP System Management Homepage is the one-stop place where you can find all information about your Server. SMH do the data collection using WBEM or SNMP agents installed on your server. If you would like to know how to install and configure HP System Management Homepage on your Server, please visit the tutorial provided below:
As SNMP is not encrypted, HP has come up with new agents, which is called WBEM agents. Meant to eventually replace SNMP, HP introduced WBEM agents for Windows, which improves management, security, reliability, and ease of use.
In some cases, you will need to switch the data source in System Management Homepage (Example: To disable ASR in SMH, the data source should be SNMP). Here in this post, we will see how can we change data source.
Change Data Source in HP SMH:
1. Open System Management Homepage (Navigate to https://hostname:2381/)
2. Click Start ->All programs ->HP Management Agents->HP System Management Homepage.
3. You will be at the main screen of System Management Homepage.
4. In the below said screenshot, you can find that Data Source is WBEM
5. To change Data Source to SNMP, click on Settings
6. Now you are at the Settings page.
7. Click on Select under Select SMH Data Source
8. Now you will be at the page where you have choice to select the Data Source
9. Select SNMP or WBEM and click on Select Button.
10. After selecting a data source and submitting the Web Form using the Select Button, please wait for 5-30 seconds for the configuration change to apply. Please re-logon to the Home page to view the change.
11. Now we changed Data Source to SNMP and see the changes in SMH window.
I would like to add a Note here, if you are installing Windows using the SmartStart CD of your server, you do have the option to install both SNMP and WBEM. Please find below said screen-shot to understand in which window you can select both SNMP and WBEM.
Newer version of SMH uses WBEM as the default data source. WBEM addres more features to SMH and it is recommended by HP. However, you always have the choice of selecting your desired data source in SMH. Wish you Happy Computing
You May Also Like: