HP BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator (called as OA) is the brain of c-Class Blade Enclosure (e.g: HP C7000 or C3000 Enclosure). OA basically Manages Power and cooling of all the hardware components installed in the Enclosure. Additionally OA Detects component insertion and removal in the enclosure. OA also talks to iLO of each blade and helps manage blade servers effectively.
Onboard Administrator is accessible through OA IP address (IP address is configured when you initially configure OA). Onboard Administrator (OA) can be accessed in GUI and Command Line (CLI) mode. The browser based OA GUI can be accessed by entering OA IP address in your web browser; and the Command Line (CLI) mode of OA is accessible by using Telnet or SSH. HP c-Class Onboard Administrator (OA) natively support both Telnet or SSH.
To use the Command Line (CLI) mode, you need the HP Onboard Administrator IP address and a terminal application like Putty. Putty is one of the best and simplest terminal application I have ever used. Putty is available for free download, please click here to download it. Download the Putty installation file from above said link and install it on your Notebook or PC.
How to access OA CLI using Telnet or SSH:
To access the Command Line (CLI) mode of HP c-Class Onboard Administrator using Telnet or SSH, you need to know the Onboard Administrator IP Address and the Administrator password of it. Telnet or SSH protocols should be enabled in Onboard Administrator settings page, and the Telnet port 23 or SSH port 22 should be open in your Network as well; otherwise you will not be able to connect to Command Line (CLI) mode.
Here, I am using Telnet to connect to OA, the IP address of OA is 22.214.171.124 (this IP is used as an example here)
1. Download Putty from above said link and install it on your Notebook or PC.
2. Open Putty and the screen will look like the one provided below.
3. Under Host Name or IP address, enter the OA IP address (Example: 126.96.36.199)
4. Under Connection type, Select Telnet or SSH as per your choice (I used telnet here).
5. Click Open button and it will establish a Telnet or SSH Command Line mode with OA.
6. Now a black-colored Command Line window will pop-up on your Screen, this is OA CLI.
7. The Command Line window (CLI) will look like the one provided below.
8. Enter Onboard Administrator User name and Press Enter key
9. Enter Onboard Administrator Password and Enter key on keyboard.
10. Now you have logged in to the Onboard Administrator CLI mode (Shown below).
11. Congratulation. You did it!. Now Start typing all OA commands but do not screw with OA!!!
Onboard Administrator firmware Version 2.00 or later support HPONCFG command in CLI mode. HPONCFG can accept RIBCL XML script and execute it. HP.com website list sample RIBCL XML scripts that could be used with HPONCFG. Enjoy!!
You May Also Like: